Monday, September 05, 2005

Labor Day weekend was a great training weekend. I spent a minimum of 30 minutes a day in the SF Bay swimming handcuffed. Yes you do get some funny looks when you get out of the water. Small price to pay to get the training I need. Two weeks until I swim the Potomac. Funny how the concern of most people is not how do you swim cuffed but aren’t you afraid of the dirty water! Reminds me that I have to get my shots. Training has been going great. One of the things that I learned last year was that you have to really work your abs. that’s right you use your abdominal muscles to swim. The problem swimming handcuffed. At least for me is that I strain my lower back on my down stroke. This can cause a problem. Especially since I intend to do four swims in four days in four different cities. Solution is a relaxed stroke and plenty of abdominal work the weeks before the swim. “The more you sweat out of the water the less you hurt in the water”. My apologies to Drill Instructors everywhere. Got to get some sleep now. I will get some pictures of my training up manana. Hope to see you at the shore!

1 Comments:

Blogger die4-peace said...

Fruitful blog. I favor your site and I shall
return to it! I go to sites like this when I get the
chance, and find blog just like this.
Stop by and look at my guaranteed cash advance blog site.

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home