Monday, September 19, 2005

Tomorrow we swim!

I have not updated my blog in quite a while. I fly out to Washington on Wednesday to try and drum up some extra interest in the Escape from Diabetes swims.

A lot has happened since I left California. One thing that happened on the way out was that half way through the flight I woke up. That in itself was unusual. The funny part was I flipped on the TV. Jetblue, got to love the v in the seat thing. Espn classic had an old Jack Lalanne show. Must of been from the 60's. Yet it was perfect here I was fly to DC, Philly, and NY to Swim handcuffed and the king of fitness was doing his thing in his prime. Just Jack and his chair. Yet as much money, research, and books and nonsense that has been put out in the last forty years all that he was doing on a simple 6X6 stage was as true now as it was then. Every now and then he would take his finger and wipe away a little sweat. You knew he was sweating and that he believed in what he was doing. It was motivating to see the master at work.

Tomorrow is the Washington DC swim. From Theodore Roosevelt Island to Georgetown's Washington Harbor. Washington Harbour is at the foot of Thomas Jefferson St. And K St.

Met a great guy today. I never check luggage when I fly so there was no way to fly with handcuffs. I called the local Police supply shop in Washington. Asked for the owner and told him my story. He offered to donate cuffs for the swim. So there I am at Washington Police Supply www.copgear.com this afternoon. Jennie the nice young lady who works there told me that they had sold all the cuffs that day. I was a little nervous. The hook for this thing was that I swim handcuffed. Luckily Greg Skenderis the owner of Washington Police supply was downstairs at his families restaurant Zorba's Cafe www.zorbascafe.com He gave me his personal pair of cuffs. Greg saved the day for me. Thanks to Greg and Jennie I will be cuffed with a fine pair of Peerless handcuffs

I hope to see a pretty big group there.

had a little problem in Baltimore. Due to some scheduling conflicts the swim in Baltimore's Inner Harbor had to be rescheduled. It was a lowdown but the City of Baltimore was great about it. We are planning something bigger for later in the year.

Philadelphia is on Wednesday and then Thursday is the Big Apple. I hope to have a big response in both cities.

If you are in any of those cities it would be great if you could come out and cheer me on. www.escapefromdiabetes.com will have all the locations.

Got to get some rest. I swim at 7AM.

13 Comments:

Blogger Smallman said...

Hey, I was searching blogs, and came onto yours, and I like it. I kinda landed here on accident while searching for something esle, but nice blog.. I got you bookmarked.

If you got time , go visit my site, it´s about diabetes sign. It pretty much covers diabetes sign and other similar topics available.

7:13 PM  
Blogger sceptic said...

Great blog. I surf the web looking for blogs like
this. Your site was on point and will be back again!
You got me! I will check out your online cash advance blog a.s.a.p!

10:43 AM  
Blogger NewsBlogger said...

Hi, I am Brian, and like to contact you!

By my SEARCHING out FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION about cancer prostate I have found your site.
Of course, I was looking out for cancer prostate related information and I have found your Tomorrow we swim!. Sorry, I have seen that isn't a perfect match. But, anyway, I am glad I have stopped by even though this isn’t a perfect match. What you have in your content is very interesting for most people.
I like to set up a link to you. What you think about?
It does will be a pleasure, if you contact me. Perhaps we have some same ideas. Wish you success with your site.

Fritz

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Samual said...

I have, like 3 minutes, to type this, but I just wanted to say thanks for the good blog. I like to search for different things on the net. My boredom led me to search for diabetes free supply testing the other day, and it led me to to total obscurity. Never know about he SE's.

11:46 PM  
Blogger NewsBlogger said...

Hi there Brian, I AM OUT SEARCHING FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION ON gestational diabetes and found your site.
Although Tomorrow we swim! wasn't exactly, what I was looking for, it certainly got my attention and interest. I see row why I found your page when I was looking for gestational diabetes related information, and I am glad I stopped by even though this isn’t a perfect match.

Fritz

1:57 AM  
Blogger NewsBlogger said...

Hi there Brian, I AM OUT SEARCHING FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION ON diabetes care and found your site.
Although Tomorrow we swim! wasn't exactly, what I was looking for, it certainly got my attention and interest. I see row why I found your page when I was looking for diabetes care related information, and I am glad I stopped by even though this isn’t a perfect match.

Fritz

2:39 AM  
Blogger NewsBlogger said...

Hello, I like to contact you! My name is Brian,
By my SEARCHING out FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION about diabetes supply I have found your site.
I was looking out for diabetes supply related information. Sorry, I have see that your Tomorrow we swim! isn't a perfect match. But, anyway, I am glad I have stopped by even though this isn’t a perfect match. What you have in your content is very interesting for most people.
I like to set up a link to you. What you think about?
It does will be a pleasure, if you contact me. Perhaps we have some same ideas. Wish you success with your site.

Fritz

12:20 PM  
Blogger NewsBlogger said...

Hi, I am Brian, and like to contact you!

By my SEARCHING out FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION about diabetes treatment I have found your site.
Of course, I was looking out for diabetes treatment related information and I have found your Tomorrow we swim!. Sorry, I have seen that isn't a perfect match. But, anyway, I am glad I have stopped by even though this isn’t a perfect match. What you have in your content is very interesting for most people.
I like to set up a link to you. What you think about?
It does will be a pleasure, if you contact me. Perhaps we have some same ideas. Wish you success with your site.

Fritz

6:40 AM  
Blogger NewsBlogger said...

Hello, I like to contact you! My name is Brian,
By my SEARCHING out FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION about gestational diabetes I have found your site.
I was looking out for gestational diabetes related information. Sorry, I have see that your Tomorrow we swim! isn't a perfect match. But, anyway, I am glad I have stopped by even though this isn’t a perfect match. What you have in your content is very interesting for most people.
I like to set up a link to you. What you think about?
It does will be a pleasure, if you contact me. Perhaps we have some same ideas. Wish you success with your site.

Fritz

10:37 AM  
Blogger NewsBlogger said...

Hi there Brian, I AM OUT SEARCHING FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION ON diabetes recipe and found your site.
Although Tomorrow we swim! wasn't exactly, what I was looking for, it certainly got my attention and interest. I see row why I found your page when I was looking for diabetes recipe related information, and I am glad I stopped by even though this isn’t a perfect match.

Fritz

10:05 AM  
Blogger NewsBlogger said...

I am Brian, and I have SEARCHING out FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION ON juvenile diabete and found your site.
Sorry, I have see that your this post wasn't exactly, what I was looking for, but, certainly got my attention and interest. If you like you can contact me. Your page I see row why I found when I was looking for juvenile diabete related information. Anyway, I am glad I stopped by even though this isn’t a perfect match. Wish you success with your site.

Fritz

12:28 PM  
Blogger NewsBlogger said...

Hello, I like to contact you! My name is Brian,
By my SEARCHING out FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION about diabetes care I have found your site.
I was looking out for diabetes care related information. Sorry, I have see that your Tomorrow we swim! isn't a perfect match. But, anyway, I am glad I have stopped by even though this isn’t a perfect match. What you have in your content is very interesting for most people.
I like to set up a link to you. What you think about?
It does will be a pleasure, if you contact me. Perhaps we have some same ideas. Wish you success with your site.

Fritz

3:27 AM  
Blogger NewsBlogger said...

Hello, my name is Brian,
I have SEARCHING out FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION aboutdiabetes mellitus and found your site.
I was looking out for diabetes mellitus related information. Anyway, I am glad I have stopped by even though this isn’t a perfect match.
Sorry, I have see that your Tomorrow we swim! wasn't exactly, what I was looking for, but, certainly got my attention and interest.
It does will be a pleasure, if you contact me. Perhaps we have some same ideas. Wish you success with your site.

Fritz

2:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home